Saturday, August 20, 2011

Some of our amazing writing - WHEN IT SNOWED

As my pink, slimy tongue slides out of my mouth, the icy snow covers it making it fall down with weight. I thought it was going to freeze and snap off. My friend Xavier leaps up and splats on the ground, trying to make a snow angel—it doesn't work. I liked it so much I thought it wasn’t going to stop. The snow was like marbles but soft and edible. It slides down my top making me shiver in coldness. I was so disappointed in mother nature because she made it stop. I thought I was going to cry for a bit. And that is the first time I saw it—snow here in Ngakuru!


We were in a fairly warm prison when these white things as small as baby pinecones came falling to earth. Everyone was disturbed. The monster let us out. When it fell on my hand it was cold, then it turned into a sort of liquid. It tasted nice—you cant really describe what it tasted like. It was transparent. I ran and slid down my giant mountain. I had brown yuck stuff on my pants, it looked like mud as brown as melted chocolate. I jumped on my mountain and created an angel in the white things. I could hear the cries of joy and coldness. The monster said in a real deep voice, “Get back in the prison”.
By Xavier

We were at school getting the instructions for cloze when suddenly we all started looking in the window, we see white frozen bits of rain. It looked like the shiny crystals that would be on a princesses crown. Meanwhile Miss Carr said we could go and play in the white wonderland. Everyone went as fast as they could. I was so excited. It felt like hundreds of little people tickling me.

By Acacia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Whakamaru video

World Clock