Not a Normal Day!
My watch beeped eight in the morning. Mum told me to be back by lunchtime. The beautiful blooming spring day was crisp. The wind whistled in my ears, I could hear the bees buzzing around collecting pollen. I could feel the hard ground under my feet that was the only thing that reminded me I was not dreaming. Straight ahead was the pink blooming tree that I normally sat under to read or do my homework. But today I kept walking for an untold reason. To find that behind the tree was a lush hill covered in daisies. To the right was a cave dark that was unwelcoming. I took on the challenge for another untold reason.
The caves walls were wet and slimy, it was dark but I could see through the narrow cave because of the holes that the light dazzled through. I wondered who lived in here? Who had discovered this cave before me? And what have they left behind? I had an idea because squash! That was the sound of my shoe squashing a rubber bone. “Ohh…” that’s when I heard a “Woof!” and whining so I picked up the rubber bone and ran until I saw him, the cutest thing ever. His coat was golden and fluffy, his long golden tail and feet were brown and covered with mud. I showed him the bone and he ran through the green cold water that separated us. I got soaked from his splashing, how was I going to tell mum? I dropped the rubber bone at my feet, he sat down to chew it. That’s when suddenly a rumble sound happened and the ground shock. I fell to the rocky ground my hand scratched a rock and blood dripped out. That didn’t help! I had to think fast so I grabbed the bone and ran. The roof of the cave was falling; cracks were appearing in the ground and I had to jump over them. The worst thing was the cave was going down hill (just a bit). With the bone in my hand, I ran my lungs bursting, my feet not moving fast enough, with the dog close behind. I followed the green creek that went through the middle of the cave. Up ahead I saw light, I have never been more excited from light!
By Sarah Oliver (Year 6)
The Unidentified Flying Cave
As I went for my morning walk usually I go down the left track but on this day I decided to take the right track. I come across a large hovering cave. A large silver ladder dropped down, the shine from the sun reflected off the ladder and in to my eyes. I decided to go for an exploration. I climbed aboard, it felt cold and wet my jaw was chattering like a washing machine!
It started to move and two strange looking people came out. They had strange curly tails; they were aliens. My stomach dropped “Welcome to our flight, we will be arriving in Auckland dalkland in approximately three hours” spoke the aliens.
I held on tight as it speed up and felt like a rollercoaster and my head spun round and round as it lifted off the ground. The aliens took me for a tour around the cave. I tried to explain how I didn’t want to board the flight I just wanted to explore! So down came the slippery silver ladder I climbed down, it was swaying from side to side with the wind.
I fare welled the people of space and carried on my morning walk I got home and couldn’t stop dreaming about my mind-blowing adventures but next time I go for my morning walk I’ll stick to the left path just to be on the safe side.
By Leah Bullot (Year 8)
Numeracy Links
- BBC Maths
- Brain Den
- Bright Sparks
- Cool Math Games
- Double-Digits
- Drag Games
- Kids Center
- Math Magician
- Mathletics
- Mean, Median and Mode
- Multiplication Games
- NZ maths
- NZmaths - Basic Facts - add/sub
- NZmaths - Basic Facts - mult/div
- Online Calculator from basic to complex
- Rainforestmaths
- Rapid Recall
- Symmetry Game
- Table fun
- The Ruler Game
- Times Tables
Literacy Links
- BBC Reading
- BBC Spelling and Grammar
- BBC Writing
- Bite size reading
- Bone comics
- Book room
- Bored? Try writing with these fun story starters!!
- Frequently used words
- Grammer Ninja
- Jumble kids
- Kids Reading
- Kids Spell
- Kids Spelling
- More Puzzles
- Online books
- Online Dictionary
- Poetry
- Puzzles
- Quiz Tree
- Reading
- Reading Brain
- Reading Games
- Spelling City
- Story Book
- Verbs, Nouns and Adjectives
- Vocabulary fun
- We Tell Stories
- Wordle
- Write a rhyme
- Writing fun
Other useful links
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Camp Whakamaru video
Untitled from megan carr on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment